Effective September 1, 2015 the ░─▓╩┐¬Ż▒═° will waive certain╠řfees for eligible military service members, military veterans, and military spouses.
Fee Exemption Requirements
Set up your educator account if you have not already done so. Before completing an application, you must submit your military exemption request.
Once you have logged into your account,╠řclick the My Documents tab on the left side of the ECOS menu to securely upload your documents. If you experience issues, please review╠řour instructions for uploading╠řdocuments.
- Active duty service members:
- Military ID (front and back)
- Current state╠řID (front and back) or╠řPermanent Change of Station Order
- Current state ID (front and back) or╠řPermanent Change of Station Order
- DD-214 (member-4) that shows release or separation from active duty was under honorable conditions
- Military spouses of active duty service members:
- Spouse's current state ID (front and back) or╠řPermanent Change of Station Order
- Spouse's current╠řmilitary dependent╠řID (front and back)╠ř╠ř
- Active duty service memberÔÇÖs╠řstate ID (front and back) or╠řPermanent Change of Station Order
- Active duty service member's current military ID (front and back)
- Copy of the marriage license.
After the military documents have been reviewed, you will be notified by email with instructions.
Fees that are waived for active duty service members and veterans:
- Educational Aide certificate
- Intern certificate
- Probationary certificate
- Standard certificate requiring completion of an educator preparation program
- Review of credentials
- One-Year certificate
- Standard certificates for subject areas approved in╠řa review of credentials
- $11 of the registration fee for certification examinations administered by Pearson, this does not include registration fees for tests taken for certification by exam only
- Test-Limit Waiver (this does not include waivers for tests taken for certification by exam only)
Fees that are waived for military spouses:
- Review of Credentials
- One-Year Certificate
- Standard certificates╠řfor subject areas approved in your review of credentials
- $11 of the registration fee for certification examinations administered by Pearson and approved as part of the review of credentials
- Test-Limit Waiver for examinations approved in your review of credentials
Fees that are not waived for eligible members of the military community:
- Fingerprint fee
- Preliminary criminal history evaluation fees
- Renewal fees including late and reactivation fees
- Reinstatement fees╠ř
- Certificates earned through exam only
- Registration fees for tests taken for certification by exam only
- Registration fees for certification examinations administrated by the╠řEducational Testing Service (ETS)╠řand the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Test-Limit Waiver for tests taken for certification by examination
Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC)
░─▓╩┐¬Ż▒═° now issues a standard JROTC teaching certificate. Completion of an (EPP) and bachelorÔÇÖs degree is required. You can review additional certification requirements on╠řthe╠řBecoming a Classroom Teacher in Texas information page.
Health Science╠řand Trade and Industrial Education (TIE)
Eligible military experience may be used to meet the experience and license requirements for Health Science╠řand TIE certification. Completion of an╠ř is still required. You can review additional certification requirements on the Career and Technical Education information page.